BodyCap e-Celsius Core Body Temperature Ingestible Capsule – Telemetric system for gastrointestinal temperature monitoring
BodyCap is now the gold standard for accurate, reliable heat stress monitoring in sports and occupational physiology.
BodyCap e-Celsius performance pill measures core body temperature or gastrointestinal temperature. Every 30 seconds, the e-Celsius pill wirelessly transmits internal temperature measurements to an external monitor called the e-Viewer Performance Monitor. The e-celsius activator is used to turn the pill on from standby mode and connect the e-celsius pill with the monitor for data collection in either real-time or internal memory recovery. The e-celsius pill stores measurements for up to 16 hours when away from the monitor. This data is then wirelessly transmitted once the pill is back within the 1-meter range. The pill is safe, non-invasive, and easy to use, leaving the gastric system after one or two days, depending on individual transit time.
BodyCap e-Celsius Core Temperature smart pills help analyse body temperature during exercise, measure the effectiveness of recovery techniques, and minimise the risk of hypothermia and hyperthermia – The e-Celsius pill has proved particularly useful in tailoring training programs, improving and monitoring player performance in major elite sporting events. BodyCap electronic pill will help to introduce individual recovery programs for each player, based on their capacity for recovery, their position on the field, and weather conditions.
The central temperature of a patient is one of the variable measures regularly used during diagnosis or therapeutic follow-up in hospitals/research. It can detect a peak in infections, monitor, and prevent the risk of hypothermia.
New Releases: If you are currently using the BodyCap system, be sure to upgrade firmware to V5.0.1 on your monitor and e-performance software to V1.3.1 (which has firmware updating integrated within it)
New e-celsius Performance Pill version: Synchronization process more reactive, Pill activation more efficient, A resolution at 2 digits (0.01°C)
- BodyCap e-Celsius Success Stories
- BodyCap at the Dakar Rally
- BodyCap used as part of Canada’s preparation for heat at Tokyo Olympics
- Josef Köberl world record holder in the longest duration full body contact with ice is seen using the BodyCap System ensuring his core body temperature was monitored in real-time.
The BodyCap e-Celsius System revolutions the collection of core body temperature data.
- Industrial Health Monitoring – workers exposed to extreme heat
- Medical Monitoring (Dec 2017)
- Sports – including player performance and recovery, sports and exercise physiology research
The capsule easily travels and passes through the GI tract without affecting bodily functions. Transmit time varies with the individual; 12-48 hours is typical
Unlike other systems, the revolutionary e-Celsius pill records up to 2000 data points on to the pill. This eliminates the need for a subject to wear a data logger during the activity such as swimming, long-distance running, cycling, or a contact sport such as rugby and soccer. The pill uploads the data from the pill once the e-Viewer Monitor is in range. Data transition can be set from 5seconds to 5min depending on the sensitivity required.
BodyCap e-Celsius Core Body Temperature Capsule Specifications
- Comparable in size to a vitamin or a medium gel capsule – 17.7 mm long x 8.9 mm diameter
- Accuracy +/- 0.2 deg. C (Most Data Points under 0.1 deg)
- Resolution to 2 decimal places
- Sampling: (15sec, 30sec, 1min, 2min or 5min)
- Operational Temperature Range: (25 °C to 45 °C)
- Reception Range: Within one meter
- Battery Life: 20 days transmission (one year storage)
- Weight: 1.7 g
- Wireless Transmission 433MHz
Activator, e-Viewer Performance Monitor, and Software required to complete the system.