New Version 3.0
Actical Energy (Caloric) Expenditure Analysis
The Actical software version 3.0 allows you to view and analyse activity for energy expenditure in multiple ways. Actical software includes Active Energy Expenditure (AEE) and Metabolic Equivalent (MET) Algorithms based on carefully validated studies in which a wide range of subjects performed a variety of tests ranging from keyboarding to treadmill running. Actical’s activity count data is converted into minute-by-minute energy expenditure. This is used to calculate daily, hourly, and custom interval caloric consumption.
Example Actical Energy Expenditure Screens
In the actogram below the black lines represent activity at in that time period, with the green bars representing energy expenditure in the that time period (1 hour selected). The resting metabolic rate is excluded this example. The user has the option to view/include the resting metabolic rate.
Collected activity data can be evaluated in many ways. Multiple-day actograms, actogram zoom, and actogram average functions provide graphical and statistical presentation of activity count data. Activity data can be exported in an ASCII data format for additional analysis.
Example Actical Activity Screen
This is an expanded actogram showing the activity levels from a participant during the 2003 New York City Marathon. The black lines represent activity levels and the red lines are the energy expenditure calculated per minute. The activity level can be classifed into sedentary, light, moderate and vigorous. The vigourous threshold is shown by the the purple line. The moderate threshold is shown by the blue line. Note the high levels of sustained vigorous activity.
Actical Software gives you a number of ways to look at your data. Here are just a few of them:
- Total Energy Expenditure (kcals)
- Average Energy Expenditure (kcals per minute)
- Total Activity (counts)
- Average Activity (counts per minute)
- Time Interval Duration (minutes)
- Total Energy Expenditure Within Each Activity Range (kcals)
- Sedentary, Light, Moderate, and Vigorous activity ranges
- Average Energy Expenditure Within Each Activity Range (kcals per minute)
- Accumulated Time Within Each Activity Range (minutes)
- Ratio of Accumulated Time Within Each Activity Range to Total Time (%)