Asthma Treatment just got easier with Smart Peak Flow Meter
The Gold Standard in-home asthma management
Research Partners – Smart Peak Flow is used for clinical research at Harvard, BIDMC, Novartis & Sandoz.
BMedical is the Exclusive Australian Distributor for the Smart Peak Flow Meter.
For wholesale/dealer inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 767 279.
Patients looking to purchase a single device can do so on our direct to consumer website: www.homemed.com.au
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 1300 767 279
- About Smart Respiratory Products
- Smart Asthma Patient Monitoring Console
- Product Videos
- Evidence and Publications
Smart Respiratory Products Ltd, the inventors of the Smart Peak Flow Meter was founded in 2014 at the Imperial College, London. The Smart Peak flow meter console was launched in 2020 followed by the Smart Peak Flow adaptor. Beta versions of the Smart Rescue and Smart Inflow devices are due to be officially launched mid 2021. The Smart Asthma smartphone app is currently available in 28 languages and the smart peak flow sensors are distributed in 50 countries.
The Smart Peak Flow is a compact, self-monitoring digital peak expiratory flow meter (PEFM) for asthma. Patients blow into the mouthpiece three times so the accompanying app can record the patients’ peak flow measurement in the comfort of their homes.
Smart Asthma Console – secure console for clinicians to remotely monitor asthma control
Data-driven Asthma Control – Smart Asthma gives you easy-to-read asthma control reports to share with your patients.
Benefits for clinicians
- View your patients’ progress in real-time on a single platform. Reduce time spent on ACQs.
- Telemonitoring Lung function, Symptoms, Reliever inhaler use, Asthma control level, CompEx events and more
- AI and CompEx events help you predict your patients’ exacerbations with 90% accuracy. Call patients only when you have to.
- Patients using the Smart Peak Flow Meter have triple the monitoring adherence, compared to standard peak flow meters.
- Maximising Leading-Edge Connected Device Technology with our Platform Solutions to improve Patient Outcomes.
- Increase your patients’ better outcomes. Studies show better adherence leads to half as much emergency events.
- The raw data, including geographic location can be emailed to you for analysis – which is crucial for occupational asthma.
Smart Peak Flow Meter
The Smart Peak Flow (SPF) device and app allow self-measuring and self-monitoring of PEF.
The Smart Peak Flow’s mouthpiece contains a propeller and a light sensor. The Smart Peak Flow’s PEF is calculated via the rotation of the propeller caused by the air moving into the mouthpiece. This is detected by a light sensor whose signal is translated into an audio signal calculating PEF values on the smartphone app.
Smart Asthma Smartphone Application
The Smart Asthma app works with the Smart Peak Flow device.
The app will ask the user to blow into the Smart Peak Flow device 3x and will save the highest of the three values as the result. After the test is complete, the user is able to manually save notes about their symptoms.
Smart Peak Flow Bluetooth Adaptor
Smart Rescue (Currently in beta development)
Optimise asthma inhaler use by using the Smart Rescue. It automatically records your asthma inhaler usage and reminds patients to take their medication.
- It fits on the top of any MDI inhaler
- A small device that runs for years without recharging
- More accurate compared to all other peak flow meters.
VanZeller, C., Williams, A. & Pollock, I. Comparison of bench test results measuring the accuracy of peak flow meters. BMC Pulm Med 19, 74 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12890-019-0837-3
- Promising peak flow diary compliance with an electronic peak flow meter and linked smartphone app
Antalffy, T., De Simoni, A. & Griffiths, C.J. Promising peak flow diary compliance with an electronic peak flow meter and linked smartphone app. npj Prim. Care Respir. Med. 30, 19 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41533-020-0178-y
- An evaluation of peak expiratory flow measured on the smart peak flow meter
- Testing the accuracy of a novel digital peak flow meter aligned with a smartphone app compared to a lab spirometer: A pilot work
Sakkatos P, Williams A. Testing the accuracy of a novel digital peak flow meter aligned with a smartphone app compared to a lab spirometer: A pilot work. DIGITAL HEALTH. January 2021. doi:10.1177/20552076211005959
- A Non-invasive device and automated monitoring system using peak flow meter for asthma patients
M. Farooqui et al., “A Non-invasive device and automated monitoring system using peak flow meter for asthma patients,” 2020 3rd International Conference on Computer Applications & Information Security (ICCAIS), 2020, pp. 1-4, doi: 10.1109/ICCAIS48893.2020.9096881.
- Impact of a digital health intervention on asthma resource utilization
Merchant, R., Szefler, S.J., Bender, B.G. et al. Impact of a digital health intervention on asthma resource utilization. World Allergy Organ J 11, 28 (2018). https://doi.org/10.1186/s40413-018-0209-0
- Compliance with peak expiratory flow monitoring in home management of asthma
Côté J, Cartier A, Malo JL, Rouleau M, Boulet LP. Compliance with peak expiratory flow monitoring in home management of asthma. Chest. 1998 Apr;113(4):968-72. doi: 10.1378/chest.113.4.968. PMID: 9554633.
- Computer-assisted school-based asthma management: a pilot study
Arnold RJ, Stingone JA, Claudio L. Computer-assisted school-based asthma management: a pilot study. JMIR Res Protoc. 2012 Nov 13;1(2):e15. doi: 10.2196/resprot.1958. PMID: 23612058; PMCID: PMC3626150.
- Impact of eHealth on medication adherence among patients with asthma: A systematic review and meta-analysis
Jeminiwa R, Hohmann L, Qian J, Garza K, Hansen R, Fox BI. Impact of eHealth on medication adherence among patients with asthma: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Respir Med. 2019 Mar;149:59-68. doi: 10.1016/j.rmed.2019.02.011. Epub 2019 Feb 15. PMID: 30803887.
Research In Progress
- Longitudinal monitoring of peak inspiratory flow used as a marker of COPD progress.
- Effectiveness of the Smart Peak Flow device on self-management of asthma: A randomised controlled trial.
- Qualitative evaluation of Smart Asthma Console as a digital health platform to improve asthma healthcare based on clinicians’ experience.
Showing the single result
- Activity & Heat Research
- Cardio & Respiratory Products
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Fatigue Stress & Sleep Related Devices
- Light Therapy
- PPE Supplies (Protective Masks)
- Surgical Face Masks with Tiebacks
- Surgical Tieback Mask with Adjustable Visor
- Treatment Products
- BMC BiPAP and BiLevel Machines
- BMC CPAP Machines
- BMC CPAP Masks
- Bongo Rx Sleep Therapy Reusable EPAP Device
- Emeterm - Anti Nausea TENS device
- HeadaTerm - Anti-Migraine TENS Device
- OptiPillow EPAP Mask
- Provent - Discontinued
- Reza Band - Reflux/Aerophagia - Discontinued
- Side Sleeping - Night Shift Positional Therapy Device
- Sleep Weaver Cloth CPAP Mask
- Smart Peak Flow
- Theravent - Discontinued
- Travel CPAP Machines