BMedical is the Exclusive Australian Distributor for Cough Assistance Therapy Devices- PEGASO PLUS from Dima Italia– the market leaders for cough assistance .
New Product for 2019
- Pegaso Plus – This device is the latest and the newest generation model of the cough assistants. All the Power of the Pegaso A Cough Perc but with a battery and new design.
- About Pegaso
- News & Product Videos
Dima Italia offers a range of secretions clearance and cough assistance respiratory therapy devices for infants, children and adults and are suitable for homecare and hospital care.
The Pegaso Cough assistance devices excel as a physiotherapist tool for clearing retained bronchopulmonary secretions. This therapy is used by patients that suffer from mucus hyper secretion combined with an extreme difficulty in clearing pulmonary secretion and needing Intrapulmonary percussive ventilation.
Uniquely the Pegaso range offers the ability to offer 4 Cough Assist Modes and Percussion in one device.
- Automatic Cough Assist – Generates In-Exsufflation Cycles with Set Inspiratory and Expiratory Times
- Manual Cough Assist – Generates In-Exsufflation Cycles manually by moving the rocker switch or pressing the I-E Buttons
- Auto- Adaptive Easy Start – Synchronises the first Insufflation cycle with the patient’s call; continues following cycles in Automatic Cough Assist Mode
- Auto- Adaptive Auto-Synch – Synchronises Insufflation with the patient’s efforts.
- Percussion – IPV (Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation) – 0-70cmH2O, 50 to 600BPM and uniquely 5.0:1 to 1:5.0 IE Ratio.
(In NMD patents longer Inspiratory time for percussion are particularly effective)
- Optional SpO2 monitoring
- Optional Nebulisation
- Battery power with the New 2019 Pegaso Plus
Two Pegaso Models are available. Both models offer the following.
- 4 Cough Assist Modes
- Inspiratory volume visualisation during cough assist therapy
- Inspiratory Time – 0.1 to 9.9 Seconds
- Expiratory Time – 0.1 to 9.9 Seconds
- Pause Time – 0.1 to 9.9 Seconds (Enables rest breaths between therapy)
- Flow – Peak, High, Medium, Low
- Levels from 1 (most sensitive) to 9 (least sensitive)
Pegaso features a High Frequency Percussive Ventilation Mode. This is generally used to loosen and mobilise secretions prior to the Cough Assist Mode.
- Frequency from 50 to 600 BPM(Beats per minuet)
- I/E Ration on Percussor Wave 5.0:1 to 1:5.0
- The inverse I:E ratios on 1.6:1 and above are particularly effective at mobilising the mucus from the periphery of the lung outwards.
Example starting settings might be 300 BPM, 1.6:1 IE ratio and pressures of 20-30cm depending on the patient.
The PEGASO A-COUGH and PEGASO Plus are cough assistant ventilators of the newest generation.
They offer up to four different operating modes: Manual, Automatic, EasyStart, AutoSync. The PERC model is also equipped with a Percussor, which adds high frequency ventilation to the cough assistant modes.
- Activity & Heat Research
- Cardio & Respiratory Products
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Fatigue Stress & Sleep Related Devices
- Treatment Products