BMedical is the Exclusive Australian Distributor for CryoVest from BodyCAP.
- About Cryovest
- News & Video
CryoVest is a high performance cooling vest designed for workers, sportsmen that are exposed to extreme heat sources and face health related issues linked in thermal stress.
The CryoVest Advantage
The icepacks are removable to minimise freezer space and the vest has been designed to remain dry throughout the cooling period. Cryovest offers slow release cooling and the design maximises the contact with the body. Other designs require the whole vest to be placed in the freezer. As a result the vest becomes wet when removed and quickly becomes smelly and mouldy. Freezer space during sporting competitions is often at a premium with athletes having very little access to freezer space in hotels etc.
- Made up of removable cold packs
- Remains dry throughout the therapy
- Upto 2 hours of cooling
- The long-lasting, non-aggressive cold allows direct skin contact with no risk of cryo burns
- Lightweight (less than 2 kilos, the lightest in the market)
- Comfortable with lumbar and dorsal support (100 mm elastic straps)
- Good weight distribution for improved comfort, and it is possible to change the weight of the vest according to the specific areas to cool.
- Ergonomic: easy to put on, to adjust rapidly, and doesn’t impede movements during exercise.
Physical benefits of the CryoVest:
- Maintains a constant heart rate
- Stabilizes hydration
- Improved energy efficiency (+ 15.8%)
- Stabilizes the heart rate
- Gain of 7 BPM after 20 minutes
- Restores hydration faster
CryoVest incorporates proprietary ‘First + Ice Technology’ thermo regulation:
- Long duration cooling (approx 2 hours).
- Non-aggressive (temperature between 1 ° and 5 ° C), no risk of cryo burns.
- Remains flexible even when cold.
- Lightweight: +/- 180 grams for sizes 15 x 15 cm and +/- 360 grams for sizes 15 x 30 cm
Ice packs have a life time of 60-100 optimal uses (corresponding up to 200 usage hours). When the ice packs start becoming rigid, they have to be replaced.
When to use the CryoVest?
Before: Wear the vest shirtless for 20-30 minutes before starting the activity.
During: Wear the vest shirtless at the beginning of training. (10 to 15 minutes)
After: Wear the vest shirtless for at least 20 to 30 minutes, just after the training and especially if the external climates conditions are more than 25°C.
Before: Wear the vest shirtless 20 to 30 minutes before the warm up or in the cloakrooms.
During: Depending on the sport, wear the vest during the first half or at least 10 minutes.
After: Wear the vest shirtless at least 20 minutes, just after the competition to allow a better recovery and restore hydration.
Cryovest is a high performing cooling vest integrated with long last cold technology FirstICE with 3 models available.
Romain BARDET – TOUR DE FRANCE 2016 – Pré cooling CRYOVEST
Cyril S. en CRYOVEST in the Thermo Training Room (INSEP)
Cryovest solution for employees exposed to heat
CryoVest Presentation with Christophe Hausswirth & Yann Le Meur INSEP Paris
Thermal stress conference by Doctor Cyril SCHMIT at INSEP
Showing all 4 results
- Activity & Heat Research
- Cardio & Respiratory Products
- Diagnostic Equipment
- Fatigue Stress & Sleep Related Devices
- Treatment Products